Candidates should have Innate passion for design in general, although a deep interest in carry products and technical apparel is a plus and have at least 1 year of working experience. Candidates will be creating digital or print drawings from sketch, translating final renders to technical drawings, make prototype mockups, and defining product specifications. To be successful in this role, you should have an eye for color and shapes and be able to translate requirements into practical product features.
• Identifying opportunities for new products.
• Maintaining an awareness of current design trends and influences
• Market research and compile quantitative insights from surveyed audiences.
• Analyze how a new product ties in with market needs and consumer preferences
• Research materials and techniques
• Work closely with co-designers, seamsters, and creative director.
• Translate design briefs from creative director into sketches, technical drawing, then working prototype.
• Use 3D or CAD modeling software to design products and custom components
• Improve the design of existing products
• Work closely with production managers and procurement to ensure smooth and timely production schedule.
• Conceptualize and aid in the process of product presentation
• Familiarity with design language, heritage, and market
• Proficiency in hand sketching, and perspective drawing
• Able to translate rough sketches into technical-drawing
• Understand different materials and production methods
• At least 2 years of experience in the apparel industry, preferably in Bags and Packs design
• Impressive Portfolio
If that sounds like you, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “Product Designer”